Director of Safety: Lt Col Kathleen Wiley
Phone: (417) 840-2514
Duties of the Wing Director of Safety
- Keep safety foremost in the minds of CAP members in all that they do.
- Assists and advises the commander in developing the overall accident prevention program.
- Direct and perform safety inspections and surveys of hazardous areas and operations.
- Direct and perform a review of mishaps and prepare safety reports.
- Plan safety briefings to make personnel aware of hazards and safe practices.
- Make visits to subordinate units, and assist units in solving safety problems.
- Review and analyze accident reports for contributing factors, trends and other accident prevention information.
- Conduct safety studies and recommend corrective action.
CAP Safety Pledge
“As a Civil Air Patrol member I pledge to promote an uncompromising safety environment for myself and others, and to prevent the loss of, or damage to Civil Air Patrol assets entrusted to me. I will perform all my activities in a professional and safe manner, and will hold myself accountable for my actions in all of our Missions for America.”
MSWG Safety documents, including MSWG Mishap Reporting Policy and MSWG Mishap Pyramid documents, may be downloaded from the Documents & Forms section of this website.