Mississippi Wing Director of Safety
2d Lt Philip Pickle
Ph. (601) 416-1433
- Keep safety foremost in the minds of CAP members in all that they do.
- Assists and advises the commander in developing the overall accident prevention program.
- Direct and perform safety inspections and surveys of hazardous areas and operations.
- Direct and perform accident investigations and prepare safety reports.
- Plan safety briefings to make personnel aware of hazards and safe practices.
- Make visits to subordinate units, and assist units in solving safety problems.
- Review and analyze accident reports for contributing factors, trends and other accident prevention information.
- Conduct safety studies and recommend corrective action.
“As a Civil Air Patrol member I pledge to promote an uncompromising safety environment for myself and others, and to prevent the loss of, or damage to Civil Air Patrol assets entrusted to me. I will perform all my activities in a professional and safe manner, and will hold myself accountable for my actions in all of our Missions for America.”